Subclass 189 Visa is one of the most applied permanent visa categories by the immigration applicants looking to move to Australia. It is a point tested skilled visa under the General Skilled Migration (GSM) program, which allows successful applicants to live and work permanently in Australia. The best thing about this visa is that you don’t require any sponsorship from an Australian employer or nomination from any state or territory in Australia to apply for this visa.
Since this is a point tested visa, you require obtaining minimum 65 points in online SkillSelect system of Australia based on age, education, English proficiency, work experience, etc. factors.
Benefits of Subclass 189 Visa
Find below the key benefits of Skilled Independent Subclass 189 Visa:
- This vis allows you to live, work and study in any part of Australia
- Through this visa, you can sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence in Oz
- Enroll in Australia s public health care scheme
- After being in Australia on this visa for a few initial years, you can apply for Australian citizenship.
- Once you got PR in Australia based on this visa, your children born in Australia will get Citizenship of Australia automatically.
What are the key requirements to apply for a Subclass 189 visa?
Here are the key requirements to apply for a Subclass 189 visa,
- You must be aged under 45 to be invited to apply for the visa.
- You must have competent English (IELTS minimum band Score 6 in all four abilities)
- Need to have an occupation listed in the relevant skilled occupation list
- Need to have a suitable skills assessment for the occupation
- Must score a minimum of 65 points on online SkillSelect system
- Must get an invitation to apply for this visa
- Must meet the health and character requirements
How to Apply for Subclass 189 Visa
Find below the stepwise process to apply for Subclass 189 Visa:
- Collect the required documents, i.e. IELTS test result for English proficiency, Skill Assessment, other basic documents
- Submit EOI (Expression of Interest) in online SkillSelect system of Australia and score minimum 65 points
- Get an Invitation to Apply from the Department of Home affairs Australia
- Apply for the visa within 60 days of receiving the invitation to apply.
- The DHA will verify your application and documents and if all found correct, you will receive the visa approval.
What is the Processing time of skilled independent Subclass 189 Visa?
The processing time indicates the time taken by the department of home affairs Australia for processing the recent application received for this visa. Take a look at the processing time estimated accordingly.
||75 Percent of Applications Processed
||90 Percent of Applications Processed
|Subclass 189 Visa
||75% of applications for this visa are processed in 7 months
||90% of applications for this visa are processed in 8 months
However, the visa processing time varies based on the following factors: The applications are assessed on a case-by-case basis, and hence, the real processing times may vary based on some key factors of the individual applicants, i.e.
- Accuracy or validity of your lodged application, as well as the all essential supporting documents
- How fast you reply to any demands for additional information
- Time taken by office to perform necessary checks on the supporting information provided
- Time taken to get additional information from external agencies, predominantly in relation to health, character, and national security requirements
- How many places are available in the immigration program for permanent migration visa applications
What is the cost to apply for subclass 189 Visa?
Find below the visa fees for this visa:
||Base application charge
||Additional applicant charge 18 and over
||Additional applicant charge under 18
|Skilled – Independent (Subclass 189) (Points-Tested) stream
When you are applying for permanent residency visa in Australia, apart from the visa fees, there are various other charges you also need to pay during the process. Here are few of these charges involved during the Australia PR process:
Other Charges Applicable:
- Skill assessment body fee: Approximately, $500 to $1000 depends upon occupation
- Medical and PCC fees and state nomination fees: Depends upon occupation
- IELTS Test Fee- The fees for English language Proficiency Test is approximately $300 to $400
- Police clearance certificate (PCC) fee on average per person 960 (Indian Rupees).
Lastly, if you need further details or clarification about the Skilled Independent Subclass 189 visa, you may send your queries to our E-mail id- firstname.lastname@example.org. Keep visiting this page for latest and updated information regarding this visa.