For most of the young working professionals from India or any other country, Australia is like a dream immigration spot.
The ease of living, the welcoming culture, transparent immigration system, and work avenues are the key highlights of Australia.
With English being an official language of Australia, Indians find it quite comfortable and easy to settle down and adjust to a new country. This is the reason why Australia is home to a large Indian community across different Australian states.
An Australia Spouse Visa is one such category among different Australian visas, which offers a quick pathway to Australian citizens and permanent residents to reunite with their spouses or partners.
Their spouse or partners, who are legally married or in a de facto relationship cannot live only in Australia, but, can also study and work in Australia through Australia Partner Visa Subclass 309 (Provisional) and Partner (Migrant) Visa Subclass 100.
Want to Apply for Australia Spouse Visa? Check Your Eligibility Here
What is Australia Spouse Visa?
A Spouse or Partner Visa is designed by the Australian government to allow the spouse or de facto partner of an Australian permanent resident, citizen or eligible New Zealand citizen to live and work in Australia.
There are two categories of Australian Spouse or Partner Visa, including:
Partner visa (Provisional) Subclass 309: If you are an Australian citizen or permanent resident or an eligible citizen of New Zealand, then your spouse or a de facto partner can apply for this visa subclass 309 to live with you in Australia on a temporary basis.
In fact, this is a first step towards their Permanent Partner visa subclass 100, as it directly leads to a Permanent Partner visa.
"Please note, you must be outside Australia while applying for a temporary partner visa"
Partner visa (Permanent) Subclass 100: With this visa subclass 100, a spouse or de facto partner of an Australian citizen or permanent resident or eligible citizen of New Zealand can live in Australia on a permanent basis. But, this visa is applicable for those individuals who are already a temporary Partner visa subclass 309 holders.
Also Read: Australia Immigration Points Calculator
Eligibility criteria to apply for Australia Spouse Visa
In order to apply for a Spouse Visa, an applicant must be married or in a de facto relationship with an:
- Australian permanent resident
- Australian citizen
- eligible citizen of New Zealand
Moreover, in order to be eligible for an Australia spouse visa, you must fulfill the below-mentioned requirements as well:
- You and your partner or spouse must prove your commitment to living a shared life, whether you are legally married or in a de facto relationship
- You must prove that your relationship is continuing and genuine
- You and your spouse or de facto partner must live together, or don t live separately permanently
- If you are not legally married to each other, then you must be in a relationship for minimum 12 months, for which you have to show proof that you have lived with each other during that period of time
- You both must age 18 years or above
- You must meet the character and health requirements
- You have been outside Australia when you apply and when your visa is granted (in case of Visa Subclass 309)
- You must be a Visa Subclass 309 holder while applying (in case of Visa Subclass 100)
Documents Required for Australian Spouse Visa
You must gather the following documents to apply for a Australian partner visa:
- Identity Proof (Birth Certificate)
- Valid Passport
- Relationship Proof:
- Marriage certificate or any similar registration of the relationship
- Death certificate, separation document, divorce document, in case your spouse was earlier divorced/widowed or separated
- Both partners have to show their relationship history in detail as a written statement
- Both the partners must submit their Joint financial documents like property papers, joint bank statements, insurance policies, etc.
- Proof of sharing household responsibilities by submitting Certified documents and how your family members perceive your relationship like family photographs, invitation cards received as a couple, joint travel plans, etc.
- Long-lasting relationship proof as a written document
- If in a de-facto relationship, you must show evidence of living together with each other for minimum one year before lodging your application
- Character and Health documents
- Sponsor’s supporting documents
- Documentary proof that your sponsor is an Australian Permanent Resident or a citizen or an eligible citizen of New Zealand
- Proof that the sponsor lives in Australia
IELTS Points Required for Australia Immigration 2020
Process to apply for Australian Spouse Visa
In order to apply for an Australia Spouse Visa from India, you have to follow a step-by-step process and meet the eligibility criteria mentioned above.
Step-by-step process to apply for Partner Visa (Subclasses 309 and 100) in Australia:
#1: Gather all the relevant Documents
You must submit all the documents listed above along with your application for quick processing.
#2: Submit Your Application
You can lodge your either online, in person or by post. Whenever you apply, you must submit all the documents along with the visa application fee.
# 3: Wait for the decision to be taken
It may take a few months for the DHA to process your application and make a decision. The processing time details are discussed below in the article.
# 4: Get your visa and start living in Australia
Once your application is processed and everything looks fine, your visa will be approved and you will get your partner visa with which you can live and work in Australia.
Once granted, the DHA will issue a visa grant number, visa starting date and all the visa conditions.
Processing time of Australian Spouse Visa
Find below Australia spouse visa Subclass 309/100 processing time:
25% of visas finalised
50% of visas finalised
75% of visas finalised
90% of visas finalised
100 - Partner (Migrant) visa (subclass 100)
Subclass 309 Partner (Provisional) visa
Benefits of Australian Spouse Visa
The Temporary Partner visa subclass 309 has limited benefits to offer, including:
- You can live and work in Australia until a final decision is taken on your permanent Partner Visa Subclass 100 status
- You can study in Australia without government funding
- You can Enrol in Australian Medicare scheme
- You can include your dependent children on application only if they are in Australia while you apply
The Permanent Partner visa subclass 100 offers all the benefits of Permanent Residency in Australia:
- You can work and live in Australia permanently for an indefinite time period
- You can study in Australia with government funding
- You can Enrol in Medicare, i.e. Australia’s healthcare program (state-run)
- You can apply for Australian citizenship (if eligible)
- You can sponsor relatives as well for Australia s permanent residence
- You can travel in and out of Australia
Do you wish to apply for an Australian Spouse or Partner Visa in 2020? Seek expert assistance at Australia PR Avenue
We, at Australia PR Avenue, have been working with different clients on a variety of cases. Thus, we completely understand the practical details of an Australia immigration process.
If you are willing to apply for Australia Spouse Visa from India, then our team of advisors can guide you in the right direction by assessing your profile for the Australian Partner visa subclass 309/100.
To begin the process, you may fill out the Free Visa Assessment Form or may drop an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your profile details and requirements and we will get back to you shortly. In addition, you can call us @78-18-000-777.
FAQs- Australia Spouse Visa
What is Australia Spouse visa cost?
Australia Spouse Visa Subclass 309 cost starts from AUD 8,085. Apart from this, the applicant need to pay charges for medical examination, Police Clearance Certificate (PCC), etc.
What is spouse visa Australia processing time spouse visa Australia processing time?
The spouse visa Australia (Subclass 309/100) processing time is mentioned above in this page.
What is spouse visa Australia checklist Subclass 309 visa?
To apply for this visa you must check and ensure the following, i.e. you
- not had a visa cancelled or an application refused
- be outside Australia when you apply
- have a sponsor
- be the right age
- meet relationship requirements
- meet our health requirement
- meet our character requirement
- have no debt to the Australian Government
- Best interests of the child.