Average salary in Australia for Immigrants in 2023
Australia has shown a significant economic growth over the past decade, which resulted in low unemployment rate, low interest rate and low inflation rate. Being an open and highly competitive economy, Australia s private sector is dynamic backed by highly skilled workforce.
The following industries and sectors in Australia have recorded high demand:
- Health Care and Social Assistance
- Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
- Education and Training
With more than 200 occupations listed on Australia s Skilled Migration list, below are the top in-demand jobs in Australia based on government s recently updated Occupation ceilings.
Top In-Demand Jobs and Average Salary in Australia
Understanding Occupation Ceilings in Australia
An Occupation Ceiling is basically a restriction on the number of Expression of Interest (EOI) or invitation issued by the government of Australia for a particular occupation group. It establishes uniformity across different occupations available for skilled professionals.
Please note that occupations ceilings are not applicable to Territory or State Nominated Occupations, Business Innovation and Investment and Employer Sponsored visa subclasses.
Opening News Doors for Skilled Immigrants
Recently, the Australian government has announced 17 new occupations to fill critical skills shortages, providing priority processing for Employer sponsored nomination and applications with an occupation listed on the PMSOL. Also, exclusive travel exemptions will be provided to temporary visa holders.
Following are the 17 occupations - ANZSCO code under Priority Migration Skilled Occupation List (PMSOL):
- Chief Executive or Managing Director (111111)
- Construction Project Manager (133111)
- Resident Medical Officer (253112)
- Psychiatrist (253411)
- Mechanical Engineer (233512)
- General Practitioner (253111)
- Medical Practitioner nec (253999)
- Midwife (254111)
- Registered Nurse (Medical) (254418)
- Registered Nurse (Mental Health) (254422)
- Registered Nurse (Aged Care) (254412)
- Registered Nurse (Critical Care and Emergency) (254415)
- Registered Nurse (Perioperative) (254423)
- Software Engineer (261313)
- Maintenance Planner (312911)
- Registered Nurses nec (254499)
- Developer Programmer (261312)
Connect with Australia PR Avenue for Complete Process Assistance
If you are interested in making a move to Australia this year, you may get in touch with our team of Australia visa and immigration experts at Australia PR Avenue. We assure you about the right guidance and support throughout your visa application process.
To connect with us, you may call our expert on a Toll-free No. 78-18-000-777 or drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.