Permanent Residency Australia- Australia PR
If you are planning to move to Australia permanently, then, firstly you have to apply for Australia Permanent Residency Visa.
An Australia PR Visa helps an immigrant to stay in the country for an indefinite time period. With a PR, you become eligible to live and work there like other citizens and later can sponsor family members as well for a permanent or temporary visa in Australia.
One of the most popular Australia PR visa pathways is a skilled migration visa. General Skilled Migration Visa or GSM has three subclasses, which are as follows:
- Skilled Independent Visa Subclass 189
- Skilled Nomination Visa Subclass 190
- Subclass 491 Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa
If you want to get a Australia PR Visa in 2020 then find below the Steps to follow in order to become a Permanent Resident of Australia:
Process to apply for Australia PR visa
- Step 1: Check your eligibility, In order to qualify, one has to score minimum 65 points.
- Step 2: Choose an occupation from the SOL, also known as Australia Skilled Occupation List
- Step 3: Keep all your required documents ready, including, language proficiency test report, identity proof, educational certificates, work experience, and more.
- Step 4: Select an appropriate Visa Subclass to apply. For Australian PR visa, the most common categories include, Visa Subclass 189, Visa Subclass 190 and Visa Subclass 491.
- Step 5: Obtain nomination from state or territory government (Subclass 190 Visa only).
- Step 6: Apply for skill assessment via the designated authority
- Step 7: Submit your Expression of Interest (EOI) via SkillSelect online and score a minimum of 65 points on the assessment grid
- Step 8: Wait for your "Invitation To Apply" from the DHA
- Step 9: Submit your visa application along with your documents within 60 days of receiving your ITA
- Step 10: While your application is under processing, get your PPC and medical examination did (if required)
- Step 11: Get visa approval from the DHA
Key Requirements to Apply for Australian PR Visa
As said, an Australia PR Process follows a transparent, point-based system, thus, the key requirements also differ from other visa categories.
Find a list of key requirements to be eligible to apply for Australian PR visa this year:
- Gather relevant documents first
Apart from your travel documents, you also need to gather two key documents, which includes:
- Your IELTS result as evidence of your English language proficiency
- Your Skill assessment result is done by a recognized assessing body to check your skill level in a particular occupation
- You must choose an appropriate visa subclass
You know that there are varied PR visa types available in Australia. Thus, it is important for you to choose the one that suits your profile and requirements the best. The most popular PR visa categories include:
- Subclass 190: State Nominated PR Visa
- Subclass 189: Non-sponsored visa
- You must select an occupation from the relevant Skilled Occupation List (SOL)
Once you have decided upon the PR visa category, then you must choose an occupation from the relevant SOL. In the case of Visa Subclass 189, you must choose from the SOL, while in the case of Visa Subclass 190, you should choose from the Combined list of eligible skilled occupation of the particular Australian state.
- You must apply via Point-Based System
Once you are through with the above-mentioned formalities, you can directly apply to the point-based system of Australia. For this, you must submit an EOI online in the Skill Select System of Australia. It stores and maintains your profile details like your name, gender, age, language ability, work experience, educational qualification, etc.
On the basis of your key profile factors, the department awards your points and you must score a minimum of 65 points to apply for the PR visa of your choice.
- You must meet the required Health and Character requirements for admissibility
In order to migrate to Australia, you must be mentally and physically fit and must have a morally good character. In order to meet both character and health requirements, you must provide medical and police clearance certificates.
Benefits of Australian Permanent Residency (PR) Visa
- Below are the top benefits, one can avail or enjoy being a permanent resident of Australia:
- Enjoy a right to live in Australia with family for an indefinite period
- Enjoy full working rights and choose any occupation of your choice. Except, Public service or Armed forces
- Can sponsor your family members to AustraliaEnjoy quick approvals for personal loans, home loans, car loans, etc. As, with an Australian PR, you get a rise in your credit rating
- An immigrant’s children who are born in Australia are automatically considered as Australian citizens by birth
- Enjoy an all-inclusive health coverage to get affordable health insurance subsidized medicines and free treatment at all the public hospitals in Australia
- Become eligible to apply for an Australian citizenship after spending 4 years in Australia on PR visa
Also Read: Calculate your 65 Points Here
Documents Required to Apply for Australia PR Visa
- English Language Test Report
- Aptitudes Assessment Letter
- Medicinal Test Report
- All Passport(s)
- Age Proof
- Skill Experience Letter from the organization (s) for the previous 10 years
- Personal duty proofs
- Latest Passport photographs
- Marriage declaration (if any)
Processing time of Australia PR Visa
Australia has designed several permanent visa categories depending on the type of applicant as well as other factors.
For instance, Subclass 189 visa an independent point tested permanent visa, whereas Subclass 190 visa is a state nominated visa.
Hence, the processing time depends on the type of PR visa you have applied for and it is calculated based on the time taken by the most recent visa applications.
Find below the processing time of two main and popular PR Visas of Australia that fall under the General Skilled Migration (GSM) program:
|GSM Visa Category
|Processing time of 75% Applications
|Processing time of 90% Applications
|Subclass 189 Visa
|75% of applications for this PR visa get processed in 7 months’ period
|90% of applications PR visa get processed in 8 months’ period
|Subclass 190 Visa
|75% of applications for this PR visa get processed in 7 months’ period
|90% of applications PR visa get processed in 9 months’ period
This processing time for Australia PR Visa is based on the latest trends of processed visa applications and may vary based on key factors, i.e. how correctly you filled the application, genuineness of your submitted documents, time is taken for replying to the visa office in case any query is asked by the immigration officer, etc.
In case, you have any query or need any clarification about the process above, you can call to our Australia immigration and PR expert on Toll Free No.-78-18-000-777. or You can fill this Free Visa Assessment form and one of our immigration expert get back to you shortly.
Also, Keep visiting the Australia PR Avenue website to find the latest updates, information, rule changes, and news with regards to Australia permanent residency visa.