How to Settle in Australia from India
Every year, Australia welcomes hundreds of new immigrants to study, live, work and travel. If anyone wishes to settle in Australia then he or she must apply for a Permanent Resident Visa in Australia
But, the entire Australia PR process can be quite complex and tiresome, if an individual who is willing to apply doesn t have the proper information and understanding of the PR visa application process, different visa subclasses, and other relevant rules and regulations.
Thus, it is imperative to have proper knowledge about documentation, eligibility requirements and more. This way, an applicant can successfully apply for an Australian PR visa under the desired subclass.
Australia Permanent Residency Pathways
One of the most popular PR visa pathways is a Australia skilled migration visa, General Skilled Migration Visa or GSM has three subclasses, which are as follows:
- Skilled Independent Visa Subclass 189
- Skilled Nomination Visa Subclass 190
- Subclass 491 Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa ( From 16th November)
Other Australia Visa Categories
Except for permanent pathways, there are other alternate visa categories via which an applicant can move to Australia. Find the categories listed below:
- Visitor Visas Subclass 600
- Student Visa Subclass 500
- Student Guardian Visa Subclass 590
- Prospective Visa (Subclass 300)
- Partner Visa (Subclass 103)
- Child Visa
Process to apply for Australian PR visa in 2023
- If an applicant is willing to settle in Australia from India, he or she has to ascertain whether the occupation is mentioned in the SOL and CSOL, i.e. Skilled occupation list and Consolidated Sponsored Occupation List, respectively.
- If their occupation nominated by the applicant is listed on either of the 2 lists, then he or she becomes eligible to submit a PR visa application.
- In order to apply for an Australian Permanent residency, an applicant first needs to meet the eligibility requirements which include, work experience, age requirement, education background, proof of funds, English language proficiency, etc.
- Based on the above-listed factors, the government of Australia award points to all the applicants as per the point-based system. A candidate is required to score a minimum of 65 points to qualify to submit an EOI (Expression of Interest).
- Expression of Interest is a letter that states the genuine purpose of an applicant. An individual can submit an EOI via Skill select system. If the government nominates or passes his or her application by considering the points obtained and accordingly send an Invitation to Apply (ITA).
- With an ITA, an applicant is eligible to apply for a visa by submitting a completed application along with all the relevant documents within 60 days of receiving an Invitation to Apply (ITA).
What are the key benefits of Australia PR Visa?
- Stay in Australia for an indefinite time period- If you have Australian permanent residency status, you then you can stay in Australia indefinitely. There is a 5 year or 1-year expiry date system, but it is meant for your authority to travel outside Australia while you are a permanent resident.
- Enroll in Medicare program- This Medicare program run and managed by the government of Australia is designed to provide free medical care in public hospitals and subsidize the fee amount for specific medical services and medicines. Most of the private clinics also offer a rebate if you make payment via Medicare or sometimes free consultation as well, across Australia.
Mandatory immunization for kids is also free at any private or bulk billed clinic.
As a permanent resident, you get access to these Medicare facilities at public hospitals and private clinics.
- Enjoy the freedom- With a PR visa, you can live, study and work in any designated region of Australia. Additionally, you can also travel to and from Australia any time, till the visa validity lasts.
- Sponsor relatives- As a permanent resident, you can sponsor your family members to obtain permanent residence status. But, this is only possible once you meet the pre-requisites of residence and support assurance.
- Children become citizens- If you are a permanent resident of Australia and your children are born in Australia, then they are deemed Australian citizens by birth. This allows them to enjoy all the benefits in the field of health care and education majorly.
Do you wish to make Australia your second home? Let Australia PR Avenue help you achieve your dream!
We provide the best visa and immigration services to our clients who aspire to obtain Australia permanent residency.
You can avail of our expert services by connecting with our team of well-qualified visa advisors, who have years of experience and expertise in handling a variety of cases. Click Here to Get in Touch with us Today or Call us @ 78-18-000-777
In case of any query or concern regarding the Australia PR visa application process, policies, and more, you can drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.