With the presentation of new federal budget for the year 2023-2024, Australia has also announced some vital immigration measures to make the immigration to Australia smooth and hassle free at all levels. Find below the details of all these crucial changes.
Immigration measures effective from 1 July 2023
Here are the list of measures the Department of Home Affairs, Australia is employing from July 1, 2023:
- Annual migration target of Australia have been announced and Australia has allocated 190,000 visa places for the program year 2023-24.
- As per recent India-Australia agreement, with effect from 1 July 2023, Indian graduates enrolled in Australian territory institutions on a student visa can apply to work without visa sponsorship for up to eight years.
- The Aussie government has allocated extra 2 years of post-study work rights to Temporary Graduate visa (Subclass 485) holders with select degrees. It will add to the present extra 1 to 2 years of work rights for qualified overseas students who study, live and work in regional parts of Australia.
- Increase announced to the part -time working hour limit for the overseas students in Australia, from 40 hours per fortnight to 48 hours per fortnight, from 1 July 2023.
- Visa application charges to increase from 1 July 2023. This will be an increase between 6 per cent and 40 per cent across several visa categories.
- The Temporary Skilled Migration Income Threshold (TSMI) rising from $53, 900 to $70,000.
Its perfect time to apply for skilled migration to Australia with easing immigration rules and increased annual migration target.
To confirm more updates and apply for immigration to Australia, you may contact Australian Visa Advisor and Expert on Toll-Free No. 78-18-000-777 or you can send an e-mail at email@example.com.