The Australian Government has announced a new scholarship program to attract international as well as domestic students to study in regional areas of Australia. The applications have been opened up for the Destination Australia scholarship program in Australia. The main aim of this scholarship program is to support all those international students who wish to study in regional areas of Australia. Moreover, Australia is also aiming to further strengthen its position in the international education market and meet the migration needs of rural Australian regions.
Key objectives of this program are:
- To enhance remote and regional education institutions of Australia by promoting activities that can significantly contribute to sustainability and growth
- To offer overseas and domestic students an opportunity to gain a high-quality education, training, and experience by studying in remote and regional Australia
- To ensure that regions can share in the overall benefits of the international education sector, i.e. up to $35 billion
Approximately 4,000 scholarships worth $15,000 are expected to be awarded for the four years program every year so that international students can study at regional universities in Australia.
The Minister for Education, Mr. Dan Tehan MP has also announced the names of 35 higher education providers and vocational education providers who will be offering these scholarships from the onset of 2020 at around 84 different locations.
All the interested students who wish to apply for a Destination Australia Scholarship can directly contact the provider. All the students who apply under the scholarship program must maintain their residency in designated regional Australia in order to be eligible to start their study program in the upcoming academic year 2020.
Check Your Eligibility Here
Government-funded international students scholarships
- Australia Awards Scholarships (AAS)
- Destination Australia awards
- Research Training Program (RTP)
University-specific Australian scholarships for international students
- Australian Catholic University International Student Scholarships
- Australian National University
- Adelaide Scholarships International (ASI)
- Curtin University International Research Scholarships
- Deakin University
- Flinders International Postgraduate Research Scholarships (FIPRS)
- La Trobe Academic Excellence Scholarships (AES)
- Macquarie Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarships
- Melbourne Research Scholarships (MRS)
- Monash University International Scholarships for Excellence
- Rotary Peace Fellowships
- University of Sydney International Scholarships
- University of Newcastle Postgraduate Research Scholarships (UNIPRS)
- University of Southern Queensland (USQ) Greater China International Student Bursary
- University of Sydney International Scholarship (USydIS)
- University of Western Australia International Postgraduate Research Scholarships
- UTS International Undergraduate Full Tuition Scholarship
- Victoria University International Scholarships not
If you are also interested in studying in Australia, then connect with our team of advisors today!
The first and foremost requirement to study in Australia is to obtain a Student Visa, for which you can seek assistance and support from our team of student visa experts at Australia PR Avenue. We can guide you through the process by offering our exclusive services, which include, career planning, course selection, university selection, loan assistance and visa processing and follow-up.
Click on our Free Visa Assessment Form and find out the best visa, that suits your profile, needs, and goals.