Australia s Department of Home Affairs (DHA) has announced significant improvements in the processing time of the most popular General Skilled Migration Program (GSM) visa categories. These changes are welcome news for individuals seeking to move to Australia for work purposes.
The three most popular visa categories for which the wait time has been reduced are
- Skilled Independent Visa Subclass 189,
- Skilled Nominated Visa Subclass 190, and
- Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) Visa Subclass 491
The processing time for above-mentioned visa categories has been considerably reduced by the DHA, making the application process more efficient and well-organized.
The decreased processing time for these visa categories is a result of the DHA s efforts to improve the visa application process and reduce the processing backlog. The government has also applied new technology and updated processes to make the visa application process more proficient and user-friendly.
Latest Processing time for key GSM visas
Overall, the reduced processing time for the above-mentioned popular skilled visa categories is excellent news for individuals seeking to migrate to Australia. The new changes will offer more opportunities for skilled professionals to pursue their careers in Australia, contributing to the country s economic growth and development.
Skilled visa applications are processed in the below order of priority:
- Visa applications in relation to a healthcare or teaching occupation.
- For employer sponsored visas, visa applications where the applicant is nominated by an Approved sponsor with Accredited Status.
- Visa applications in relation to an occupation to be carried out in a designated regional area.
- For permanent and provisional visa subclasses, visa applications that count towards the migration program, excluding the Subclass 188 (Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional)) visa.
- All other visa applications.